Friday, July 31, 2015

Strawberry Cream Cake


The first recipe is dedicated to Amandine and Tamara, my closest friends in Toronto. I know they love this cake, which was the first pie that I discovered during my first months in Canada. 

My Czech roommie showed me how to prepare it. Some tries and changes in the recipe, and I got this amazing cake that you would never resist the temptation to try, even being on a diet!


I can say that it has become one of my favorite cakes, too. Simple but delicious. I think it doesn't have a name either, so I called the Strawberry Cream Cake.


I hope you like it! 

Strawberry Cream Cake


INGREDIENTS

  500 ml sour cream (14%) or Low fat sour cream (3%)

  500 ml 3,5% whipping cream

  1 cup sugar 

  16 oz strawberries 

  1 cup chocolate chips

  Ladyfingers biscuit 

RECIPE

Rinse and cut the strawberries in small pieces. Refrigerate them covered. 

Beat the shipping cream until the cream begins to thicken. Once the cream is whipped, add the sour cream. When the creams are mixed, add the sugar and whisk.

Layer the ladyfingers in a tall trail. Add half of the mix, and spread chocolate chips and strawberries. Repeat one layer more and sprinkle with strawberries and chocolate chips.

Cover and leave it in the fridge at least 5 hours.

Tip!   Leaving the cake 24 hours, the cream would have gone inside the ladyfinger, and they might be softer.

Enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh lord. This cake is heaven. Since there are strawberries in it, you don't even feel guilty. When you eat it, it's just pure pleasure ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete